[mythtv-users] Problems compiling .20 svn

John Brooks iresprite at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 19:23:08 UTC 2007

On 1/4/07, tgate <tgate at mypublic.net> wrote:

> well, I went back and started over.  I got a little bit farther.  The only
> difference I made was that when it came time to install, rather than running
> "sudo make install", I actually logged in as root and then ran make install.

Are you pulling from the trunk or from .20-fixes for this build?

%> find /usr/local | grep avcodec.h
> /usr/local/include/mythtv/ffmpeg/avcodec.h
>  %> find /usr/local | grep avformat.h
> /usr/local/include/mythtv/ffmpeg/avformat.h
> %> find /usr/local | grep programinfo.h
> /usr/local/include/mythtv/libmythtv/programinfo.h

I noticed that the <includes> in the  header files were a little wonky with
regards to where they expected to find certain other files. I was having
extremely similar results when compiling from the trunk. You may want to try
.20-fixes.

Jack.