[mythtv-users] nuvexport problem in mythtranscode step

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Jan 4 17:10:09 UTC 2007

James Pifer wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 08:47 -0500, James Pifer wrote:
>>> I don't know what compile options or accompanying libraries it takes to
>>> get divx support, but you could always see the specfile for atrpms or
>>> livna.  I know for a fact that livna's fc6 packages work fine for both
>>> mp4 and divx, and I'm going to assume that Axel has kept the atrpms ones
>>> up to date to match, too.
>>>
>> Sorry to be difficult....
>>
>> Right now I believe I have the latest stable ffmpeg rpm from atrpms
>> installed: ffmpeg-0.4.9-18_r6524.fc5.at
>>
>> When I run nuvexport I get this error which says I need to run ffmpeg
>> from cvs or svn:
>> Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /usr/share/nuvexport/export/ffmpeg.pm line 84.
>> This version of nuvexport requires either the cvs or svn version of ffmpeg.
>>
>> So what rpm version works with nuvexport?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> James
>>

> Does anyone have nuvexport working on FC5 with ffmpeg exporting to divx
> OR mp4? If so, was there anything special you had to do to get these
> working? Right now when I try to export to divx mine complains that it
> does not find the codec, even though I have divx4linux package
> installed.

What version of nuvexport are you running?  Also, can you please send me
the output from:

    ffmpeg -version

Perhaps atrpms is modifying the version string and nuvexport isn't
detecting things properly.

You could also try switching to the livna version of ffmpeg, or (and I
hate to quote the ffmpeg devs on this) compile your own copy from ffmpeg
svn.

-Chris