[mythtv-users] Missing video Devices???

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 12:00:45 UTC 2007

> These would indeed need reinstallation after a kernel upgrade because
> they would be kernel driver modules, and driver modules need to be
> compiled against a specific version of the kernel.
>
> Stroller.

I'm following you that they are KERNEL dependent. Why did they get
un-installed? I know that is an open ended question but did the KERNEL
update do that? I didn't specifically remove them so something removed
them?

The following shows no signs of the ivtv drivers...

[root at myth2 mythtv]# /sbin/lsmod |grep "ivtv"
[root at myth2 mythtv]# rpm -qa |grep "ivtv"
[root at myth2 mythtv]# /sbin/modprobe ivtv
FATAL: Module ivtv not found.
[root at myth2 mythtv]#

Is changing between KERNELS after it's installed as easy as selecting
the correct KERNEL at Boot up with GRUB? I assume that you would also
then need to have the correct drivers for whichever KERNEL your using,
correct?

Thx,