[mythtv-users] HDHR QAM: Streams ok to VLC but not Mythtv

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Jan 3 22:32:37 UTC 2007

P S wrote:
> On 1/2/07, P S <guierrmo at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I ran a scan many times, even deleting the source and starting from scratch.
>>
>> I think I upgraded 12/20/2006
>>

> Little more info for frontend with -v channel,record,siparser
>
> not much here from what I see
>
> 2007-01-02 21:38:05.095 TV: Attempting to change from None to WatchingLiveTV
> 2007-01-02 21:38:05.101 Using protocol version 32
> 2007-01-02 21:38:05.349 TV: Output filters for this channel are: ''
> 2007-01-02 21:38:05.352 NVP: Disabling Audio, params(-1,2,44100)

I am not sure about the HDHomeRun, but with the HD3000 you have to
ensure that the audio is always set for 48000..otherwise it gets
disabled. (This could be your problem in xine also...)

As to why some channels do not lock, I can only suggest that something
is set wrong. Have you checked the cardinput, and capturecard tables to
see that both show the same information for each tuner?

Have you checked the channels table to ensure that the information which
should be the same throughout all channels, is in fact the same?

Your last chance is to get the dvb-app tools from linuxtv.org, and run
atscscan to get a channels.conf mapping. Then you can check the
frequency (in dtv_multiplex) and serviceid (in channel) to ensure that
they are correct...Note that sometimes the scan leaves a Video ID or
AudioID as 0 even though the servicesid is listed...Xine appears to
require the correct vid and aid to play properly. Mplayer can be called
with the vid and aid alone, if the tuner is tuned to the correct
frequency. (Neither vid nor aid show up inthe myth tables.)

Geoff