[mythtv-users] Adding storage (slightly OT)

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 16:40:05 UTC 2007

On 1/3/07, Torbjørn Heltne <torbjorn.heltne at amelektronikk.no> wrote:
> I have a single ATA HDD in my BE which is partitioned and formatted like
> this
> <url:http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php#sw>
> and I need to add some more storage in the near future.
> I seem to get a better space/price ratio by buying SATA drives these
> days, but will I be facing problems if I try to set up a LVM across a
> combination of ATA and SATA drives?
If you install the latest SVN code or wait for 0.21 there is a thing
called storage groups that allows you to enter more than one folder as
the myth store.

BTW, You should have no problem mixing SATA and IDE drives in a LVM
but you know if one drive dies you loose everything. One other option
if you are not planning on upgrading mythtv to use storage groups is
to use unionfs.

John M. Drescher