[mythtv-users] Adding storage (slightly OT)

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 16:40:05 UTC 2007

On 1/3/07, Torbjørn Heltne <torbjorn.heltne at amelektronikk.no> wrote:

> I have a single ATA HDD in my BE which is partitioned and formatted like
> this
> <url:http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php#sw>
> and I need to add some more storage in the near future.
>
> I seem to get a better space/price ratio by buying SATA drives these
> days, but will I be facing problems if I try to set up a LVM across a
> combination of ATA and SATA drives?

If you install the latest SVN code or wait for 0.21 there is a thing
called storage groups that allows you to enter more than one folder as
the myth store.

BTW, You should have no problem mixing SATA and IDE drives in a LVM
but you know if one drive dies you loose everything. One other option
if you are not planning on upgrading mythtv to use storage groups is
to use unionfs.

--
John M. Drescher