[mythtv-users] problems with mkinitrd patch

s networks1 at cox.net
Wed Jan 3 15:28:37 UTC 2007

[I tried posting this yesterday but it didn’t seem to go thru—hope it
doesn't post twice]

Hello all.  I am setting up MythTV with Jarod’s instructions
(http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php) using a PVR350.  In section 10 under
PVR-350 Output info subheading "Running X on the PVR-350's TV-Out-" it has
instructions for patching mkinitrd.  When I try to apply this patch with
command

patch /sbin/mkinitrd-ivtv < mkinitrd-ivtv.patch

I get an error:

Hunk #1 FAILED at 97.
Hunk #2 succeeded at 725 with fuzz 2 (offset 227 lines).

In the resulting rejects file mkinitrd-ivtv.rej line 100, which includes the
[--ivtvdev], argument is flagged.  I'm kind of a Linux noob and am not sure
how to debug.  Anyone know what the problem is?

TIA…

Steve