[mythtv-users] Missing video Devices???

Steve Daniels steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 3 14:07:26 UTC 2007

A JM wrote:
> On 1/1/07, A JM <vbtalent at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Also, unless ATRPM is different than FreshRPM I'm still not seeing yum
>> do an install??? FreshRPM was added to yum repo.
>>
>> Since I'm not seeing anything from the statements below I assume the
>> drivers are not installed correctly?
>>
>> [root at myth2 mythtv]# /sbin/lsmod |grep "ivtv"
>> [root at myth2 mythtv]# rpm -qa |grep "ivtv"
>> [root at myth2 mythtv]# /sbin/modprobe ivtv
>> FATAL: Module ivtv not found.
>> [root at myth2 mythtv]#
>>

> Getting the following error? anyone know why or have any ideas?
>
> [root at myth2 yum.repos.d]# yum update
> Setting up Update Process
> Setting up repositories
> dries                     100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
> http://dl.atrpms.net/fc4-i386/atrpms/stable/repodata/repomd.xml:
> [Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 403: Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 01:18:13 GMT
> Server: Apache/2.2.2 (Fedora)
> Trying other mirror.
> Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: atrpms
> failure: repodata/repomd.xml from atrpms: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
> Error: failure: repodata/repomd.xml from atrpms: [Errno 256] No more
> mirrors to try.
> [root at myth2 yum.repos.d]#
Unfortunately...
http://lists.atrpms.net/pipermail/atrpms-announce/2006-December/000020.html
As a rule, I keep an eye out on the announcements for the repo's I use :-)
Also drilling back the url that got the 403 denied error:
http://dl.atrpms.net/ show's fc4 as being notably absent :-(
Time to upgrade, you know FC6 has been out for some months now.. :-)

Steve Daniels