[mythtv-users] missing lower half of video

Ryan mythtv-users at mandrake.us
Tue Jan 2 23:43:45 UTC 2007

On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 01:57:24PM -0600, sarvinc exclaimed:

>djg at pdp8.net wrote:
<snip>

>My experience pretty much mirrors yours; ATIs drivers seem to be getting
>worse, not better, with time. I have an Nvidia 5500 sitting next to me
>as we speak. I think I actually found the solution for the ATI driver.
>In your xorg.conf under the "Device" -> "Option" -> "Video Overlay"
>needs to be switched to "off"

I am having the same issue and it is due to the new fglrx driver. I am
going to try the older driver, but I have not had time to test it yet.

Keep in mind that by disabling "Video Overlay" the XV extension in X
will not be used. This usually results in higher CPU usage by
mythfrontend, and I can notice a slight stutter in the video.

Also, when you hit S while watching livetv (to bring up the channel
listings) the video will probably not be in the right location.

If I get the older fglrx to work I will let you know.

-Ryan

pundit-r