[mythtv-users] Which brand of NVIDIA FX5200?

Al McIntosh junkmail at allanmcintosh.com
Tue Jan 2 13:12:49 UTC 2007

Tom Corcoran wrote:
> Al McIntosh wrote:
>
>> Phusion wrote:
>>

>>> I am looking into getting a NVIDIA FX5200 card, but am not sure what
>>> brand to go with? I see that ASUS and MSI have cards? I would
>>>

>> I have used both, each fanless and each worked flawlessly.
>> Interestingly, I had an ASUS version in a frontend and replaced it with
>> an MSI version, I had to recalibrate my TV settings with regard to
>> brightness. contrast, hue and so forth.  So even though they were the
>> same chipset the different vendors render slightly different. Once I
>> went through calibrated the TV set using test patterns everything has
>> been great.
>>
>> Al

> Any chance you could post a sample xorg.conf file for an ASUS or MSI
> 5200 with TVOut configured?

It's very simple, ModulePath  map out for my FC6 system...

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier     "Default Layout"
    Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
    InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
    ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia"
    ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions"
    ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
EndSection

Section "Module"
    Load  "v4l"
    Load  "dbe"
    Load  "extmod"
    Load  "fbdevhw"
    Load  "glx"
    Load  "record"
    Load  "freetype"
    Load  "type1"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "Keyboard0"
    Driver      "kbd"
    Option        "XkbModel" "pc105"
    Option        "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "Mouse0"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option        "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
    Option        "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
    Option        "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
    Option        "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier   "Monitor0"
    VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
    ModelName    "Unknown monitor"
    # make fonts appear larger in myth menu with DisplaySize
    DisplaySize  183    144
    HorizSync    31.5 - 37.9
    VertRefresh  50.0 - 70.0
    Option        "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Videocard0"
    Driver      "nvidia"
    VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
    BoardName   "NVIDIA GeForce FX (generic)"
    Option        "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"
    Option        "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
    Option        "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"
    Option        "TVOverScan" "0"