[mythtv-users] mythbackend doesn't start

Zlatko V zlatko0612 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 1 23:36:13 UTC 2007

Happy New Year to All Mythtv User !

Hello Stroller,

>I think it might help if you read "Point 4" at <http://www.novell.com/
>coolsolutions/feature/11256.html> and also the page <http://
>openskills.info/
>infobox.php?ID=1081> to understand ultimately WHY you are
>experiencing this problem.

I think the problem is how I start mythbackend.

If I do it as follows
/etc/init.d/mythbackend start
then I get the problems.

But if I do simply
mythbackend

then it functions !

1. What is the right way to start mythbackend ? I didn't find it in the
docu.

2nd problem:

I have also startted the frontend and it was slow and I  tried to make the
frontend window smaller. I changed the resolution in Setup on 2 positions to
320x240. Now I start it but I don't have any conrol because I see only a
small part of the window :-)
My mythtv PC is AMD-Athlon-2600 and 256MB RAM.

2. Where can I change the window size/resolution of the frontend window
(manualy, without Setup, just to edit the config file) because I cant reach
Setup anymore ?

Thank you

Zlatko