[mythtv-users] recgroup?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 22:02:30 UTC 2007

On 01/01/07, Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Nick Morrott wrote:
> >> Where (in what table) is the list of recgroups defined?
> >> I see th3 recgroup mentioned in the record table and I think it does
> >> influence the location of the recording because in my case the
> >> storagegroup for that program was not used.
> >
> > The storagegroup table. See SVN changeset 12151 for more details.
>
> Thanks, but there is only mention of recgroup in teh sourcecode?

Sorry about that.

> There is a table storagegroups but none defining the recgroups.

The list of recgroups is obtained by selecting them from the recorded
table. In the first incarnation, this was done by selecting the
distinct recgroup entries in the recorded table, in later versions,
the number of items in each recgroup is now extracted too. A new
recgroup can be allocated to a recording when setting up a recording.

> I want to be able to correlate a storagegroup to a recording and see it
> recorded into that directory.
> But later, in mythweb, I can only select based on recgroup which I
> cannot influence (add groups..).
> So what's the deal with the recgroups?

Information on recording groups can be found here:
http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/3112. Essentially they are a way
to group similar recordings for display in the recorded programs view,
and to provide password protection to recordings allocated to
protected groups.

> They could be dumped and replaced by the storagegroups if it depends on
> me but it looks like there is a bigger idea behind it which is not yet
> completely there?

You might commonly use a recgroup for a single user's recordings,
which may likely be spread over several storage groups.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/