[mythtv-users] PVR-350 TV Out (MythTV) problems

stan stanb at panix.com
Mon Jan 1 15:11:02 UTC 2007

I'm trying to get TV out working on my PVR-350 underr Ubuntu 6.10. The
Ubuntu help docs say to do:

/sbin/rmmod saa7127
/sbin/modprobe saa7127 test_image=1

And, that I should see a test patter out.

I see this in dmesg that makes me think that I have loaded teh module
corectly.

[17228284.560000] saa7127 1-0044: saa7127 found @ 0x88 (ivtv i2c driver #0)

I only have YV's with RF inputs, so I have Radio Shack model 15-124 RF
modulator. I have a cable with a 4 pin DIN connector on one end (Male), and
another 4 pin male DIN connector on the other end. I also have a cable with
2 RCA stle connectors on both ends. I've pluged these 2 cables into another
adapter cable, which has 3 RCS connectors labled (Audio L, Audio R, and
composite, and a 4 pin DIN connectoe on one end, and a 9 pin DIN male
connector on the other end. I've pluged the 4 pin DIN cable into the S
Video out, and the audio RCA connectors into the audio L, and R on the
modulator. Then I have pluged the 9 pin DIN connector into the PVR-350.
It only fits in one place on that card.

But, I don't see a test pattern on my TV.

Any idae what I should check next?

(Dennis Ritchie)