[mythtv-users] silicondust website down

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 15:14:24 UTC 2007

On 27/02/07, jason maxwell <decepticon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Very strange... I could reach everything last week. A few days ago, I
> could see the homepage, but nothing including "wiki" in the URL. Those
> pages generated an error saying that some script was not found on the
> server. Today the top level domain wont even resolve for me. This is
> the case both at work and at home.
> If I ssh to my shell where I have some hosted space, I can resolve the
> domain, and pull up all pages fine with lynx.
> must be some sort of DNS issue. perhaps a new change was pushed and I
> have to wait for the TTL to expire.

I had a similar problem a couple of years ago when I lost access to my
internet banking website.  When I still couldn't get to it after a
week, I began to learn a lot more about DNS than I really wanted to
know, and  ended up adding a couple of nameserver entries to
/etc/resolv.conf, which fixed things for me.

If it helps, the DNS server that's finding the silicondust website for
me is 194.72.9.34.