[mythtv-users] tv_grab_uk_rt hanging?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 00:03:11 UTC 2007

On 23/02/07, David Campbell <dave at cpfc.org> wrote:
> Nick Morrott wrote:

> >> Thanks - that was the case.
> >>
> >> Setup and mythfilldatabase both ran successfully but I'm still not
> >> seeing any programme information when changing channels etc.  perhaps
> >> I'm missing something specifc to UK channels?
> >
> > Make sure you have XMLTV IDs associated with all channels you
> > configured in mythtv-setup. You can use either mythtv-setup or MythWeb
> > to do this.
>
> Thanks - I went to mythweb and deleted all the channels without an ID,
> but now when I go to watch Live TV I get the blurb about the tuner not
> responding and a black screen.
>
> The backend log tells me:
>
> 2007-02-23 20:47:50.744 DVBChan(1) Error: Unable to find channel in
> database.
> 2007-02-23 20:47:50.745 DVBChan(1) Error: SetChannelByString(abc1):
> Failed to initialize channel options
> 2007-02-23 20:47:50.746 TVRec(2) Error: Failed to set channel to abc1.
> 2007-02-23 20:48:05.406 TVRec(2): PauseRecorder() called with no recorder
> 2007-02-23 20:48:05.423 DVBChan(1) Error: Unable to find channel in
> database.
> 2007-02-23 20:48:05.425 DVBChan(1) Error: SetChannelByString(five):
> Failed to initialize channel options
> 2007-02-23 20:48:05.426 TVRec(2) Error: Failed to set channel to five.

What you did was delete all the correctly configured (except for their
XMLTVID) channels and leave a lot of unconfigured channels that do
have XMLTVIDs. All settings need to be consistent - 1 set of valid
channels with valid XMLTVIDs. I would delete all of your channels and
then

I have not had to manually scan for and configure channels in
mythtv-setup since I set my systems up over 2 years ago, but I'm very
sorry (and annoyed although I do not currently have the skillset to
fix this) the process is still so user-unfriendly and cumbersome (but
hey, this is Linux...).

Last year I made available channel/XMLTVID information for all major
UK providers with the hope that a better solution could be developed,
but as yet nothing has been released that I am aware of.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/