[mythtv-users] tv_grab_uk_rt hanging?

David Campbell dave at cpfc.org
Sat Feb 24 08:56:17 UTC 2007

Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 23/02/07, David Campbell <dave at cpfc.org> wrote:
>> Nick Morrott wrote:

>>> Make sure you have XMLTV IDs associated with all channels you
>>> configured in mythtv-setup. You can use either mythtv-setup or MythWeb
>>> to do this.
>> Thanks - I went to mythweb and deleted all the channels without an ID,
>> but now when I go to watch Live TV I get the blurb about the tuner not
>> responding and a black screen.
>>
>> The backend log tells me:
>>
>> 2007-02-23 20:47:50.744 DVBChan(1) Error: Unable to find channel in
>> database.
>> 2007-02-23 20:47:50.745 DVBChan(1) Error: SetChannelByString(abc1):
>> Failed to initialize channel options
>> 2007-02-23 20:47:50.746 TVRec(2) Error: Failed to set channel to abc1.
>> 2007-02-23 20:48:05.406 TVRec(2): PauseRecorder() called with no recorder
>> 2007-02-23 20:48:05.423 DVBChan(1) Error: Unable to find channel in
>> database.
>> 2007-02-23 20:48:05.425 DVBChan(1) Error: SetChannelByString(five):
>> Failed to initialize channel options
>> 2007-02-23 20:48:05.426 TVRec(2) Error: Failed to set channel to five.
>
> What you did was delete all the correctly configured (except for their
> XMLTVID) channels and leave a lot of unconfigured channels that do
> have XMLTVIDs. All settings need to be consistent - 1 set of valid
> channels with valid XMLTVIDs. I would delete all of your channels and
> then
>
> I have not had to manually scan for and configure channels in
> mythtv-setup since I set my systems up over 2 years ago, but I'm very
> sorry (and annoyed although I do not currently have the skillset to
> fix this) the process is still so user-unfriendly and cumbersome (but
> hey, this is Linux...).
>
> Last year I made available channel/XMLTVID information for all major
> UK providers with the hope that a better solution could be developed,
> but as yet nothing has been released that I am aware of.

So what should my next step be?  I take it I need to delete all video
sources and start again but I'm not clear how to avoid the exact same
thing happening again.

In mythweb - when I see the list of channels configured without their
XMLTVIDs - I should retain those, add the XMLTVIDs from the channels
listed that have XMLTVIDs then delete that second set of channels
leaving the first set?

Is that correct?

Dave