[mythtv-users] problems with mythtv

Peter Abplanalp pta-myth at psaconsultants.com
Fri Feb 23 17:56:13 UTC 2007

----- "Jared Greenwald" <greenwaldjared at gmail.com> wrote:
> Err...  That solved the Live TV problem, but not the problems
> with ripping/playback.  Of note was that the movie I was
> originally experimenting with is my daugher's Cinderella III movie.
> The problem I encountered with ripping the iso was with The
> Prestige - also note that I couldn't rip a "perfect" transcoded
> copy either (the rip timer just starts getting exponentially big).

i'm having the same problem with pirates of the caribean II.  the mtd
says something like "...but wrote 0 bytes...coincidence...".  i'm not
at home at the moment so i don't know the exact message.  i haven't had
a chance to mess with it much so i don't know what the issue is but
the timer does get very big.  just another data point.

i don't think it is an encryption issue as the dvd plays fine.  i'm using
the myth rpms from at from about a week ag0 or so.

--
Peter Abplanalp