[mythtv-users] UK Film4+1 grab failure

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 02:32:34 UTC 2007

On 20/02/07, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 20/02/07, Ralph Livock <ralph.livock at gmail.com> wrote:
> > My mythfilldatabase failed to grab any data for the UK Film4+1 channel
> > this morning.
> >
> > tv_grab_uk_rt says:
> > ->  RT id 2021 (Film4 +1) not known in channel ids file
> >
> > The Radio Times's channels.dat file has two entries for Film4+1:
> > ->  584|Film4 +1
> > and
> > ->  2021|Film4 +1
> > The channeld 2021 one is new.
> >
> > It looks as if the Radio Times has changed the channel ID of Film4+1
> > from 584 to 2021; I don't know if this is a temporary change or if
> > it's permanent and I think it confuses tv_grab_uk_rt because there are
> > two of them.
> >
> > To make mythfilldatabase able to find data for Film4+1 again, I've edited
> > ->  /usr/share/xmltv/tv_grab_uk_rt/channel_ids
> > and changed the line
> > ->  plus-1.filmfour.channel4.com:584:FilmFour +1
> > ->  plus-1.filmfour.channel4.com:2021:FilmFour +1
> > I ran mythfilldatabase from the command line and it picked up
> > Film4_1's data fine.
> >
> > It did still log:
> > ->  RT id 584 (Film4 +1 ) not known in channel ids file
> > but it worked so I'm not too worried.
>
> I picked this change up last night as the RT site was being updated,
> so both data files contained some listings information. I'll monitor
> this over the next couple of days and then put the changes through to
> XMLTV CVS.

Just to update the list, the changes to the uk_rt grabber for Film4 +1
have been put through XMLTV CVS for any new checkouts.

The change is internal to the uk_rt grabber, so MythTV configuration
changes are not required if you already have Film4 +1 defined with an
XMLTVID of 'plus-1.filmfour.channel4.com'.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/