[mythtv-users] UK Film4+1 grab failure

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 22:43:36 UTC 2007

On 20/02/07, Ralph Livock <ralph.livock at gmail.com> wrote:
> My mythfilldatabase failed to grab any data for the UK Film4+1 channel
> this morning.
>
> tv_grab_uk_rt says:
> ->  RT id 2021 (Film4 +1) not known in channel ids file
>
> The Radio Times's channels.dat file has two entries for Film4+1:
> ->  584|Film4 +1
> and
> ->  2021|Film4 +1
> The channeld 2021 one is new.
>
> It looks as if the Radio Times has changed the channel ID of Film4+1
> from 584 to 2021; I don't know if this is a temporary change or if
> it's permanent and I think it confuses tv_grab_uk_rt because there are
> two of them.
>
> To make mythfilldatabase able to find data for Film4+1 again, I've edited
> ->  /usr/share/xmltv/tv_grab_uk_rt/channel_ids
> and changed the line
> ->  plus-1.filmfour.channel4.com:584:FilmFour +1
> ->  plus-1.filmfour.channel4.com:2021:FilmFour +1
> I ran mythfilldatabase from the command line and it picked up
> Film4_1's data fine.
>
> It did still log:
> ->  RT id 584 (Film4 +1 ) not known in channel ids file
> but it worked so I'm not too worried.

I picked this change up last night as the RT site was being updated,
so both data files contained some listings information. I'll monitor
this over the next couple of days and then put the changes through to
XMLTV CVS.

Not really sure why they would change the data ID though as they were
already carrying the channel, as you point out.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/