[mythtv-users] OT: Keyboard really slow

Andrew Robinson awrobinson-ml at nc.rr.com
Fri Feb 23 00:32:54 UTC 2007

Robert Longbottom wrote:
> Andrew Robinson wrote:
>> My Logitech wireless keyboard has suddenly gotten really slow. I have to
>>   press and hold a key for about a second for it to take effect. Since
>> the login screen will take my userid and password at normal speed, I
>> suspect the problem lies with KDE. Anyone know what setting I might have
>> screwed up and how to fix it?
>>

> I've seen a similar thing with my KeySonic wireless keyboard.  I can't
> remember exactly what caused it, but I think it was because the system
> was under really heavy load, or it was logging a lot of lircd errors to
> the system log.  At the time, I figured this must be affecting USB
> performance and hence my keyboard.
>
> Also, have you checked the obvious lite the batteries in your keyboard?

Changed the batteries. It happens all the time in exactly the same way,
so load is probably not the issue. Since the speed is normal on the
login screen, I figure the problem lies with X or KDE rather than the
keyboard itself. I tried Kcontrol Center, but could not find any obvious
settings. I was hoping someone might know of a configuration file I
could check.

Andrew