[mythtv-users] Separate frontend

Josh TwoOneSix at thatclothingco.com
Thu Feb 22 19:19:54 UTC 2007

Joacim J wrote:
> Thanks,
> I did a full compilation anyway since I know how and then just uses
> the frontend.
>
> // Jocke
>
> On 2/21/07, *Nick Morrott* < knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
> <mailto:knowledgejunkie at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 21/02/07, Joacim J < jocke4news at gmail.com
>     <mailto:jocke4news at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     > Hello,
>     >
>     > I have frontend/backend MythTV 0.20 installed and running. Now I
>     want to
>     > have another box, only with frontend part.
>     >
>     > What are the software requirement for a separate frontend? (
>     e.g. MySQL)
>
>     No MySQL server required on the frontend - you use the same single SQL
>     server for all MythTV machines, which many users run on their master
>     backend.
>
>     Nick
>     --
>     MythTV Official wiki:
>     http://mythtv.org/wiki/
>
>     "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." -
>     Benjamin Franklin
>

> --
> Regards
> Joacim

Here is how I install my frontends on FC6 using
yum w/Atrpms:
#yum -y install mythtv-frontend mythtv-theme*
mythtvtheme* mythvideo
mythdvd mythgallery mythmusic

That will install pretty much a complete frontend
machine... you can add
or remove plug-in's based on your requirements.
You may also want to
install other apps like xine, lirc, and whatever
else your frontend
machine may need.

--
Josh