[mythtv-users] transcoding perfect dvd rips to xvid

Willy Boyd willyboyd at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 20:57:09 UTC 2007

On 2/21/07, Blammo <blammo.doh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mind sharing your convert script? I've been thinking about doing the
> same thing, since my /video folder is getting full.. and I don't want
> to lose the AC-3 format in the conversion.

Try searching the list on Matroska or the movie "RV" -- Scott just
posted his script a couple days ago.

I tried it out, and the quality was awesome, but about 2/3 of the way
through the video went all "smeared" like a blurry rainbow (audio was
intact), and stayed that way until the end of the movie.  I have no
idea what happened there, but I'm trying another encode now just in
case something funky happened with my box during the first run.  The
only thing I changed in his script was adding "threads=auto" as I have
a dual-core processor.