[mythtv-users] Suggested firewire cards

Chris Weiland hobbiticus at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 15:37:41 UTC 2007

The motherboard that I'm getting for my mythtv box does not have a firewire
port.  (Apparently none of the microATX motherboards from newegg do)  So,
I'm going to have to get a firewire card.  The firewire wiki page implies
that not all firewire makes are equal, and some will work well and some will
not work at all.  Is this still the case these days?

There are only a few chipsets listed on the page, and it's often difficult
to figure out which chipset is on firewire cards.  If anyone could suggest a
working (and cheap) card, that would be great.  I'm going to be using it
with an SA 3250, so if you have experience with that particular cable box,
that would be even better.