[mythtv-users] Remote control causing double pressed?

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 12:30:39 UTC 2007

On 2/19/07, David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using two Xbox FE's, with Xebian 1.1 and a recent install of
> mythTV 0.20-fixes (and the mythmusic and mythvideo plugins enabled).
> Since the upgrade, I have noticed that I am getting some weirdness
> from the remote.

I resolved this problem on both of my Xboxes.  I don't know if the
upgrade caused the configuration to change, or whether the newer
version of mythTV doesn't like the old configuration.

Basically, on the Xbox, from the file /etc/lirc/hardware.conf ensure
that the line...

   START_LIRCMD=false

...which prevents the ability from moving the mouse around with the
remote control.  This is something I never do anyway, so it was not an
issue.

Now both Xbox FE's are working great again.  Cool huh?

:D

Cheers,
Whytey