[mythtv-users] Getting the most use out of all tuners

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Feb 19 15:50:05 UTC 2007

On 02/19/2007 09:18 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Far more important is the hard padding available with the start
> early/end late options on a per-recording-rule basis.  With these, you
> are allowed to /tell/ Myth what you want.  If you want to ensure you get
> 10 minutes extra before and after every recording because Australian
> broadcasters don't know how to do their jobs, put a 10 in each field of
> each recording rule.  Then, go to the Upcoming Recordings page and look
> for conflicts.  Once you find a conflict, /you/ make the decision
> whether it's important to get the extra 10 minutes after Heroes so you
> know you got it all or if you want to 10 minutes before "Dressed to
> Kill" with Basil Rathbone as Sherlock Holmes /or/ whether you're rather
> have all of both, and, therefore, would prefer to not record the
> lower-priority movie (which may re-run in several weeks or--if nothing
> else--is probably available as a rental/purchase).

/me should be fully awake before writing e-mails...

(Sorry about the grammar/typos.)

> To record both, create a one-time recording override for the conflicting
> show(s) that adjusts the start early/end late times.  Note that you can
> have a +10/+10 for Heroes and +10/+10 (creating 20 minutes of overlap).
> To ensure you record all of Heroes, you can decide to keep the +10/+10.
> But, since you'd like to see most of "Dressed to Kill", you can put a
> -20/+10 in its rule/recording override. Then, you have "soft" padding
> that's /only/ as soft as you want it.

(and before doing math)

Actually, that would be a -10/+10 for "Dressed to Kill" as it's -10
minutes of start early to start 10 minutes after the /listed/ (on the
program listings, not the original recording rule's) start time.

Mike