[mythtv-users] OpenGL Painter ???

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Mon Feb 19 06:52:27 UTC 2007

Brian Wood wrote:
> So I bit the big one and decided to try out 0.20 on a test  platform.
> More to make sure I am not giving out bad advice to users of newer
> Myth systems than anything else.
>
> So let me see if I get this right: The OpenGL painter requires more
> cycles of higher-priced hardware in order to make the menu changes
> take longer?
>
> Or am I missing something here ?

I don't know.  I admit the fade effect looks kinda kewl, but I disabled
it pretty quickly because I found it too annoying to have to wait for
the fade before I could navigate the menus.

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> The idea is to move it all over to OpenGL for better eye-candy...

I hope the Qt painter sticks around for those of us who prefer quick
menu navigation to pretty transitions.

I don't like PowerPoint presentations with lots of fades and animated
transitions between slides, either. :)  It distracts from the
information being presented.