[mythtv-users] Control of multiple external tuners with MythTV

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 00:42:00 UTC 2007

On 18/02/07, Scott Walker <lkomage at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I've got 2 DSR922 4DTV receivers, one DSR920 4DTV receiver, and a Pansat
> FTA MPEG receiver that I'd like to get MythTV to be able to tune. It
> looks like the only was to go at this is with some sort of IR
> transmitter (because there's no direct interface for a 4DTV). I've seen
> several "IR blasters" mentioned here, but am unsure as to which one
> would be best for a non-hardware-adept tinkerer ("I'm a programmer;
> never let a software guy near hardware!"). All the external receivers
> will be easily reachable by an IR transmitter in the room, and none of
> the devices conflict with each other in terms of codes, so all I really
> need to know is which of the IR transmitters mentioned around here will
> allow me to transmit commands to each of these devices?

There were reports a few days ago on the list of using multiple simple
homebrew serial IR transmitters in parallel, using different
non-conflicting codesets. This would probably be the cheapest solution
in terms of parts and time, and it'd be the one I'd start with.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/