[mythtv-users] remote control recommendation

Jay jay at donoghue.org
Fri Feb 16 21:57:28 UTC 2007

On 2/16/07, Joe Harvell <jharvell+lists.mythtv-users at dogpad.net> wrote:

> I am looking for a remote control to use with my MythTV and A/V system.
> I have an IRTrans Translator (http://www.irtrans.de/en), but I need a
> remote.  I don't want to spend a lot of money, so a touch screen is not
> what I'm looking for.  Here is what I *am* looking for in order of most
> to least important.
>
>    <snip>
>
> Any recommendations?

Not sure what your price range is, but I have had luck with MX-500 for
several years now.  Its got editable labels, and easily learns other
remotes, and you can set macros etc.  Learning and programming is done with
the remote itself -- no connection to a computer required.  Looks to be in
the $70 range now:

http://www.buy.com/prod/universal-remote-control-mx-500-10-device-home-theater-master/q/loc/111/90049856.html?dcaid=17379