[mythtv-users] prebuilt high definition frontend vendors

David Mythtv mythtvdc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 23:12:20 UTC 2007

Has anyone bought the Hannibal prebuilt Mythtv system from
http://www.tvease.net?  I'm thinking of buying one to use as a high
definition front end.  The url to the model that I am thinking of getting
is:
http://store02.prostores.com/servlet/tvease/Search?category=media+centers%3Ahannibal

The machine's specs look pretty good for $499 and it can play high
definition via vga, component video, or dvi.  I plan to build the backend
myself since it will be in a different room and can be noisy.  The case used
in the Hannibal was rated as the quietest in a test by arstechnica [or
another tech site].  Are there any other vendors selling prebuilt Mythtv
systems that I should be looking at that are silent or near silent around
the same price?  If I go with the Hannibal, I'll pull the hard drive out and
netboot the system over the LAN.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

David