[mythtv-users] OSD settings - *someone* must know this...?

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Wed Feb 14 09:04:21 UTC 2007

MythTV Users,

I have managed to dig up some new leads on the problem here.

I started mythbackend from a command prompt and noticed this output:

2007-02-14 17:40:24.260 DB Error (GetInitialName):
Query was:
SELECT name FROM playgroup WHERE name = 'スーパーJチャンネル' OR
name = 'ニュース・報道' OR       (titlematch <> '' AND        'スーパー
Jチャンネル' REGEXP titlematch)
Driver error was [2/1267]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and
(utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='

Aha! Bad collation mix. I went in and changed the collation on the
database for the "playgroup" table, and that had an effect.

Now I'm getting squares instead of question marks in my OSD. I know from
experience that this means that the correct characters are not being
found in the font set, which means that somewhere there is still a font
setting not yet set to use the right font.

After a little web research, it seems that there were relevant tables in
the database all under the "record" category. So I think that this OSD
information I'm having trouble with is related to the recording function
of watching live TV.

But I looked in all the recording settings in the "Setup" section of
mythfrontend, and couldn't find any font settings.

If anyone can say anything about where I might find font settings
related to recording live TV, or anything inspired by what I've said in
this message, please let me know.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft