[mythtv-users] Silly lirc_mceusb2 question

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Feb 14 06:55:20 UTC 2007

On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 12:16:28PM -0600, Trey Thompson wrote:
> I'm sorry to ask something so basic, but, this just has me stumped.
>
> I am trying to fix one of my video problems, so I used yum to install
> the newest nvidia-graphics package from ATRPMS.
>
> Well, my remote control stopped working.
>
> So, I poked around, and it appears that the modprobe isn't enabling
> the usb receiver.
>
> if I MANUALLY do a "modprobe lirc_mceusb2", and then "service lircd
> start", then start the frontend, all is well (irw as well as Myth).
>
> But I can't seem to get it to automatically go.
>
> Please, please, tell me how stupid I am and what I forgot.

a) you are not stupid ;)
b) Create an executable file called
   /etc/sysconfig/modules/lirc.modules and place any modprobing etc
   needed in there. This file will be autoexectued at bootup.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net