[mythtv-users] Slightly OT - EXT3 & LVM issues

GyroTech gyrotech at freakinabox.com
Tue Feb 13 19:06:13 UTC 2007

Hi, I am planning on throwing MythTV on a server of mine, but first I
was going to extend an LVM partition to allow for the space of backing
up my movies and such.

All the LVM stuff works fine, but when I come to utilise the extra
space, resize2fs /dev/LVM/store, I get a request to run a file system check.

fsck.ext3 -f /dev/LVM/store

brings back lots of

Group xxxx's block bitmap (yyyyyyyyyy) is bad. Relocate?
Group xxxx's inode bitmap (yyyyyyyyyy) is bad. Relocate?

for lots of groups, close to 1000. I allow the relocate each time.
then a lot of

Error allocating 1 contiguous block(s) in block group xxxx for block
bitmap: Could not allocate block in ext2 filesystem
Error allocating 1 contiguous block(s) in block group xxxx for inode
bitmap: Could not allocate block in ext2 filesystem

For the same groups as before. Then it goes on to make the 2, 3, 4
passes without problem.

Then I fix block bitmap differences and inode bitmap differences.

Then I get a warning that the file system was modified but still has errors.

I've tried running a bad block check with -c -cc -ck options but nothing
seems to be able to help. Odd thing is, I can still mount it happily. Is
this file system totally fubar'd now??

TIA

GyroTech