[mythtv-users] Remotely restarting mythfrontend

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 14:12:58 UTC 2007

On 13/02/07, Stroller <linux.luser at myrealbox.com> wrote:

> I haven't yet installed MythTV, so I forgot that the MythTV frontend
> is usually (?? or always?) started by the X display manager. I

It isn't, unless you decide to configure it that way. The frontend is
a regular program that a user may decide to have run at startup via X
or the desktop environment on a dedicated machine, or manually from
the desktop or command line if on a general purpose box.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/