[mythtv-users] OT: Networking

Darren darrenmarshall at linuxfire.biz
Tue Feb 13 11:34:34 UTC 2007

Samba uses the CIFS protocol which is what windows uses, but samba is both
client, server and you don't need to use both. Also in the samba package is a
smbclient that can read windows files, use it like this in a shell
smbclient //windowsmachine/sharefolder  or
in konqueror address bar type in
smb://machineIP/sharefolder
If you want to use machine names instead of IP then I think they need to be
added to the lmhosts file.