[mythtv-users] help with Video Capture using S-Video or Component on PVR-150 and MythTV

Aaron Staves astaves at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 19:47:05 UTC 2007

i've been messing around with this a lot lately on my PVR-500 (essentially 2
pvr 150's).  As Chad said, you'll need to run myth-setup again.  Under
"Video Cards" change your card's (/dev/video1) default input to S-Video or
Composite.  Then under the "Input" section, make sure you have correctly
mapped your "Video Source" to your desired input.  It will probably look
something like :

/dev/video1 -> S-Video -> <Name of Video Source>
/dev/video1 -> Composite -> <Name of Video Source>

if you don't have the input mapped to a source, it won't appear as an input
in MythTV. The mistake i kept making was i'd have the default input set to
something other than what i had the input mapped to, which would just leave
me with an unselectable input or just a blank screen (depending on the
setup).  Hope this helps!

aaron