[mythtv-users] Dish 311 and lirc

Tim Gray tim at p-a-a-i.com
Mon Feb 12 16:36:28 UTC 2007

Actually lots of integrators for home theaters and Crestron whole house
AV take apart the reciever and tap into the logic line from the RF
reciever and simply plop a IR reciever chip on it .  the RF is simply an
RF carrier sending the exact IR codes over that Rf channel. nothing
really special.

I will contact some of the guys I know and ask them if they have any
photos of the procedure or a nice write up.  only problem I see is if
your box dies you cant get it replaced under your service plan as you
opened it.