[mythtv-users] pchdtv 5500, verizon fios, and ota, oh my! (SOLVED)

Kurt Yoder ktymyth at yoderhome.com
Sat Feb 10 16:28:16 UTC 2007

On Feb 9, 2007, at 10:23 PM, Kurt Yoder wrote:

> So after trying more scanning settings, I got several other HD and SD
> channels. Looking at this page:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frontend_Channel_Editor
>
> it looks like I'm supposed to associate the channels I want with xml
> channel id's. I'm guessing these id's can be found in my zap2it
> lineup?
>
> I can hit "E" to bring up the channel editing dialog, but how do I
> change between fields? The fourth field is the XML ID field, but I
> can't figure out how to get to it. I've tried tab and the arrow keys,
> but I don't see a cursor anywhere indicating that my input is having
> any effect. I do seem to be able to change the first field
> (Callsign), though I only see the updates I've typed in after I exit
> the editing dialog and then open it again.

I figured out how to make this work: I hit P during playback so the
myth box had more CPU to handle the editor dialog changes. This
allowed me to make the required edits. After this was done, I re-ran
mythfilldatabase. Then I saw the scheduling information and am now
able to record off the HD channels.

Thanks for everyone's help!

--

Kurt Yoder