[mythtv-users] Myth frontend on PPC OSX?

David Snider dsnider at thesniderpad.com
Sat Feb 10 14:17:06 UTC 2007

> Where I would like to get to is the same place as my other dedicated
> Myth frontends that sit connected to TVs. The box is on all the time
> but when it boots it automatically logs in as a user called mythtv and
> starts the frontend. It won't probably have a keyboard or mouse
> attached unless I eventually do a wireless setup but the last time we
> did that no one wanted to look at OS desktops on the 46" TV.

Oh, that wasn't clear from your original post.   This is exactly what my
mac mini does, simply put the MythFrontend in your applications folder,
make sure it's setup to start at default, I described this in my last
post, and make sure the mac automatically logs on as that same user.
The option for auto login is in the accounts panel of System
Preferences, under the "Login Options" section at the bottom left of the
accounts pane.