[mythtv-users] Where does mythbackend need to write to?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Fri Feb 9 03:24:56 UTC 2007

Because the issue I describe at
<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/242065#242065>
still flares up every now and then, I'd like to have MySQL and the
master mythbackend write to different locations from what they
currently use. (It already uses a network drive to store recordings.)

For MySQL, I moved /var/lib/mysql. For mythbackend, I moved
/var/log/mythtv and /var/cache/livetv (which I'm not sure MythTV even
uses anymore). I created softlinks from each directory to its old
location.

Where else do these two applications write to? I don't run any
commercial or transcode jobs on the master backend.