[mythtv-users] nuvexport vs. mythtv transcoding

Per Olausson pao at darkheim.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Feb 8 20:17:20 UTC 2007

Until recently (when I upgraded to svn head) I was only able to use
mythtv transcoding. I noticed while using that that the size of the
files were still quite large, but I was happy for what I could get out
of it.

After my upgrade, I can now use nuvexport --transcode xvid reliably (so
far anyway) and it produces files which are much smaller. As far as I
knew, both use divx/xvid but there is probably something wrong with my
settings for mythtv.

Does anyone know if it is possible to configure the internal transcoding
to be as good as nuvexport --transcode to xvid? Is it possible?

If it is, could someone please explain how?

Regards,

Per