[mythtv-users] Only seing channel from one source?

Jan Johansson j2 at mupp.net
Tue Feb 6 06:57:41 UTC 2007

>What does it mean to "see"?

I mean that it does not record "Kanal 5" from Video source "Antenn",
only from Video Source "ComHem" (My STB).
Other channels that are present in both sources schedules just fine on
the "Antenn" video source.

>If you successfully truncated the table, the auto-increment
>would have been reset and the new numbers would have been 1,
>2 and 3 rather than 5, 6 and 7.

No, I "just" deleted the cards, and re-added them. I was aware that I
would get these numbers.

>It's possible that you may be using an old
>version of myth

SVN 0.20-fixes as of about a week ago.
>Stop all myth frontends and backends.
>
>$ mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg
>mysql> truncate table cardinput;
>mysql> truncate table capturecard;
>mysql> quit
>$ mythtv-setup

Will try this when I get home from work. If I do it now, and Wife does
not get Operah.. I am in Dire Straits.

>Of all the possibilities (and there are many) magic is unlikely
>to be the root cause.

True.

>Do you have TV listings for both chanid 9 and chanid 1001?
>
>mysql> select count(*) from program where chanid=1001;
>mysql> select count(*) from program where chanid=9;

Here we definitely have a problem. And yes, chanid 1001 is the one "Not"
recording
I guess I need to figure out what my grabber is doing then?

mysql> select count(*) from program where chanid=1001;

+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
|        0 |
+----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select count(*) from program where chanid=9;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
|      367 |
+----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

>What happens if you enter live TV, press "9", Enter? Does
>it show "Kanal 5"?

Yes.

>What if you press "I"nfo; does it show
>the correct title and description?

No.

(side note here: Does myth need chaninfo for all channels on all
sources? I thought that if it had one listing and "knew" that the
channels where the same, it would be good enough?)

--
Meddelandet har kontrollerats mot virus samt skadligt
innehåll av MailScanner och förmodas vara säkert.