[mythtv-users] not able to tune DVB-C again (too big dtv_multiplex)

ikke ikke at iki.fi
Mon Feb 5 20:02:54 UTC 2007

Hello,

could someone please help me. I'm running again to this problem not
being able to tune my channels in mythtv-setup. I get this text while
trying to tune: "Found channel but it doesn't match existing tsid. You
may wish to delete existing channel..." and rest is unseen. What's up
with the mythtv?

On cmdline I see this kinda stuff:
------------------------

2007-02-05 21:38:27.720 SDT: Error determing what transport this
service table is associated with so failing
2007-02-05 21:38:27.726 DB Error (Adding transport to Database.):
Query was:
INSERT INTO dtv_multiplex   (sourceid,        sistandard,
frequency,     modulation,      transportid,       networkid,
symbolrate,      bandwidth,         polarity,      inversion,
transmission_mode,                fec,             constellation,
hierarchy,     hp_code_rate,    lp_code_rate,      guard_interval)
VALUES   (1,       'dvb',       274013477,    'qam_128',     1,
NULL,    6900000,     'a',        'v',     '1',      'a',
        'none',      'qam_128',    'a',    'auto',   'auto',
'auto');
Driver error was [2/1062]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Duplicate entry '32767' for key 1
------------------------

Looking dtv_multiplex table in phpmyadmin it shows "Showing rows 0 -
399 (32,767 total, Query took 0.0033 sec)". Seems awful lot to me...?
That's why it takes so long each time to start tuning? How to reset
that?

I'm running ubuntu 6.10 up to date, last nights svn trunk mythtv.
Cable provider is HTV in Finland. Everything was fine week ago.
Yesterday I noticed mythtv had skipped recordings. I noticed no EPG
data was there at all, so it couldn't schedule. Removed all the
channels, but now I'm not able to retune them.

This happened to me half an year ago also. At the time I just
downgraded mythtv to couple weeks older trunk and everythins started
working fine again. After that I've kept having always  up to date
trunk version.

Probably some upgrading issue? I have had the database for couple of
years now... What next, I want my Myth back!

Here is link to local channel tuning info:
http://dvb.swelcom.fi/cable.php