[mythtv-users] FYI - Microsoft MCE Remote

Trey Thompson treythompson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 19:47:25 UTC 2007

I have an R6 (I think), and I thought I'd share a quick experience.

I have had happen twice now, where my dog, or someone, will sit on the
remote, step on it, something like that.

I then notice that I can't use the remote on the Myth system.  The
lights all function on the remote, and I can still control the TV.

I thought, "well, maybe it sent a bunch of keystrokes and hosed lircd
or something."  So, I restart services, blah blah, reboot, and it
still doesn't work.

So, I took the batteries out of the remote, and put them back in.
Boom!  It worked.

So, I guess even Microsoft remote controls need to be rebooted every
now and then.