[mythtv-users] Inexpensive universal remote and IR receiver

Ryszard ryszard99 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 08:49:33 UTC 2007

depends on how inexpensive, inexpensive is for you.

i just picked up a logitech harmony 550 for about 60euro, it does macros
which is what i'm most interested in.

tbh, i'm not really that crazy about the build quality of it.  it feels
cheap, as if its not made of very thick plastic, i've only just got it, and
not programmed it ( have to find a damn windows box at work as there doesnt
appear to be a linux client to programme it.)

having said that, i bought it on the recommendation of others here who have
a remote from the harmony line and love them.