[mythtv-users] MythMusic DecoderMad

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 04:33:12 UTC 2007

On 2/5/07, Keith Millar <keith at fnkmillar.com> wrote:

> I used the following command to  collect log info
> mythfrontend -v all > /home/ben/Desktop/mythlog.txt
> however when closed the remote FE down I was left with this message on
> screen
>
> mythtv: could not connect to socket
> mythtv: Connection refused
> lirc_init failed for mythtv, see preceding messages
> Decoder error. DecoderMAD: Failed to open input.  Error 5.
> Decoder error. DecoderMAD: Failed to open input.  Error 5.
> Segmentation fault

I have been playing with sharing mythmusic this weekend and saw this a
couple of times.  Most of the time, it was because I had configured
the filesystem etc perfectly, but hadn't updated the settings in the
setup screens since last I played.

You have double checked Setup > Settings > Music > General to ensure
it is pointing to the right path haven't you?