[mythtv-users] How to prevent learning remote from repeating signal?

Rod Smith mythtv at rodsbooks.com
Mon Feb 5 01:56:33 UTC 2007

On Sunday 04 February 2007 20:37, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Henry S. Greenside <hsg at phy.duke.edu> says:
> > I purchased an inexpensive Sejin wireless IR keyboard
> > (from pacificgeek.com)
>
> [...]
>
> > All of the remote commands work well except when the
> > remote transmits the "Escape" key (mapped to the Exit
> > button on the remote), the remote then evidently
> > transmits several repetitions of Escape and so mythtv
> > then jumps up to the highest menu level, asking if you
> > want to exit or not from the frontend.

FWIW, you can at least get rid of the prompt to exit by changing the key to
exit from MythTV. I don't recall offhand where this option is set, but it's
in one of the MythTV setup menus. IIRC, you can choose between Esc, Ctrl-Esc,
Alt-Esc, and I believe Meta-Esc.

> First, the above is the classic sign that when you trained the remote
> with the keyboard you only got the first of the two keycodes
> associated with the Escape key. See
> <URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/185983#185983>.

If you can program the remote by attaching it to a computer and downloading a
set of codes, you could go looking for a file that provides the codes for
your keyboard. Such a file should have both of these codes (often
called "make" and "break" codes, one for keydown and the other for keyup). I
did this when programming a One For All remote to double as an IR keyboard.

--
Rod Smith
http://www.rodsbooks.com