[mythtv-users] Play Delay / Lead-time for Watch TV or Play Recording, Via ME6000

Peter A. Daly petedaly at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 21:52:27 UTC 2007

When I "Watch TV" or start playing a recording on a VIA EPIA ME6000 frontend
running MiniMyth, there is a delay (black screen) of 12-18 seconds since I
upgraded to MythTV 0.20.  When I switch channels, it switches almost
instantly.

Looks like the frontend CPU spikes during that time for mythfrontend.

The same system (hardware wise) was quite speedy at that point when used
with MythTV 0.19...maybe 3 seconds, but I'm guessing.

Any ideas if this can be "fixed" or whether it's a new "feature" of 0.20?
This isn't a big problem, but it's a little annoying.

Thanks,

-Pete
http://www.mythpvr.com