[mythtv-users] mythtv hardware plans

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 21:39:19 UTC 2007

On 2/4/07, jason maxwell <decepticon at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just realized that HDHR does not handle any analog channels. Is
> there a solution that will give me both analog and digital with HD,
> without too many major issues? Or would it be better to go with
> something like the HDHR and add a couple PVR cards as well. I'm not
> very familiar with MythTV yet, would this be a pain when trying to
> watch live TV? ie, would I have to keep cycling thru menus to choose
> which tuner i want when surfing? I really would like to just be able
> to surf as I do on my TV, but have it recording for time shifting when
> I settle on something.
> -J

I would go with a HDHR and a PVR-150 or PVR-500.

As for live tv, if you use the program grid it will show you all the
channels you have available. When you choose a channel it will select
the best based on upcoming recordings, etc. If you use the "browse
mode" it will show you the channels just on the tuner your currently
on. You can also manually switch tuners if you want.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!