[mythtv-users] DVB-T card with high sensitivity

Matthew Harrison lists at mwharrison.co.uk
Sun Feb 4 11:13:33 UTC 2007

junk wrote:
> The distribution amp may be a bad idea - unless it's intended for
> digital TV, it may not enough bandwidth or sufficiently linear response.
> I find my marginal reception was made quite a bit better when I took my
> distribution amp out of the cable run.
>
> -- jeek

I did find that the amp improved my reception. I have tried with and
without. It is a digital TV amp. I am also running a number of cables
(currently 3, may eventually be 7) so I need an amp of some sort.

I am using this amp
http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=29416&doy=4m2#overview it's
placed right where the aerial enters my loft, so it's almost acting as a
masthead amplifier.

I've tried using a signal booster as well as the distribution amp on the
off chance, but that didn't help, so I took it out.

Matt,