[mythtv-users] DVB-T card with high sensitivity

Nick Craig-Wood nick at craig-wood.com
Wed Feb 7 20:48:50 UTC 2007

junk <junk at giantblob.com> wrote:
>  The distribution amp may be a bad idea - unless it's intended for
>  digital TV, it may not enough bandwidth or sufficiently linear response.
>  I find my marginal reception was made quite a bit better when I took my
>  distribution amp out of the cable run.

I found I needed to adjust the input to the distribution amp with an
attenuator.

I tuned the channel to the worst channel (five in my case) and then
ran femon.  The number of corrected errors is a very sensitive measure
of how good your signal is (signal strength is a bit random I find).
I adjusted the attenuator for minimum errors.

My worst Mux is Mux A which had channel 5 on it.  I get about 0x900 ==
2300 corrected bit errors per second on it.  It only rarely gets an
uncorrectable error.