[mythtv-users] Confused about mythmusic and shared libraries

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 00:28:04 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have all of my music on my BE server.  Also on the BE is a FE, which
was at one point my only FE.  I have mythmusic installed on it and it
had imported all my music from my server just fine.  It showed up in
mythweb fine too.

I just installed mythmusic on a second FE and set it up so that it has
access to the BE's shared music folder.  When I went to mythmusic on
the second FE, it couldn't see any music in the library so I started a
scan.  This seems to have removed all of the existing entries from the
DB and now, my original FE doesn't have any music in the library.

Is it possible to have multiple FE's use mythmusic, particularly the
same bunch of files that are being shared.  I would have thought this
was a common requirement.

Regards,
Whytey